Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day Seven: A picture of your most prized posession


This was another tough one for me. Mostly because I honestly don't OWN anything that I couldn't stand to live without.  I thought about putting up my iPod becuase I LOVE music and I don't know how I'd make it through the day without it. But really, my iPod dies all the time because I'm awful at remembering to charge it and I just use my phone or the radio or whatever in the mean time.  I also considered my iPhone. Winston is my lifeline, I don't know what I'd do without him...but at the same time, I'm pretty awful at remembering to charge him too...and even though it's hella annoying when it happens, I still make it through my day.  Also considered putting up Aoife and Eoghan. They're certainly my loves...but I hate to think of myself as OWNING them.  So I'm putting up my record collection.  It's taken me years to collect them and I get so much joy out of listening to them.  There's such a wonderful sound to a record...the faint whirring as the turntable goes 'round and the scratchy quality it infuses into the music.  Everything sounds old and soothing and wonderful on a record player.  There are some in my collection that I prize more highly than others (can we say "Hey Jude"?")  but I love them all and I'd hate to think of my life without them :)


Bonus picture of Aoife sitting on all my prized records because she can't seem to leave me alone when I'm home. She has to follow me everywhere I go. Good thing I don't mind. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment