Sunday, April 24, 2011

Day Twenty Four: A picture of something you wish you could change


Obviously, like most people, when asked what the thing I would most like to change is, world peace is the first thing that comes to mind. The thing about world peace is, it doesn't change a lot of the other things that are wrong with the world and the people in it.  World peace doesn't cure hunger or end disease or lower gas prices!  So I'm choosing this picture instead.  Envrionmental conservation is something that I'm very passionate about.  I recycle, I don't consume meat, I make my own laundry soap, I buy free trade products...I'm even switching over to bars of shampoo to conserve water and energy (and everyone knows how much I love beauty products!).  Whenever possible I try to buy vegan, organic, and local items.  People don't realize how the little things like turning off the water while you brush your teeth, or buying bar soap instead of body wash could really make a big impact on the world.  We could really change the future of this planet if we'd all just chip in a little bit. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment