Friday, September 23, 2011

Friday Five: Beauty Edition



This week's Friday Five is my five go to beauty products.  I'm a total beauty junkie and I've literally tried thousands and thousands of cosmetics and beauty products.  Sometimes they work out, and other times they're a complete disaster.  These five rank among my top beauty products of all time and they're the only ones that I keep going back for time after time!  I wish I was doing Saturday Six this week because one of my most favorite beauty products had to be left off this list. :( But at some point in the future I'll do a top five make-up and it will be in there for sure!!  On to the products!!


This mask is the greatest mask I've ever used. Normally I hate masks and I often break out after using them.  They leave my face too oily or too dry.  They smell awful. Or worse they FEEL awful.  This mask does none of the above.  I got it orginally as a sample with a Sephora order and I was so hooked after using it once that I bought a bottle immediately after.  Besides being 100% natural and organic this mask smells great, feels great, takes only 15 mintues, AND leaves your skin moisturized, soft, and oil free.  It literally perfects your skin in 15 minutes.  It didn't overdry the oily parts of my face or grease up the dry parts.  It balanced my skin and left it looking and feeling radiant.  I use it about once a week or when my skin is feeling particularly annoying.  It retails for $40 which is a bit pricey. But it's totally worth the price tag.



Another Pangea product, another win!!  What I love most about this toner is that it sprays onto your skin rather than having to be applied with a cotton ball or pad.  It's refreshing, stimulating and it smells great.  No stinging, no irritation and it still does the trick!  This little bottle is $12 but it lasts me about a month.  Previously I'd been using Clinique toner so the cost to me is roughly the same.  But again, totally organic and natural and works so much better than the Clinique.



As much as I love makeup, I might love perfume even more.  I love to experiment with perfume (I have TONS!) but I also like to have a signiture scent.  It's really difficult to find that one scent that's not too sweet or too musky.  Not too old or too young.  I LOVE the smell of roses but I find that most rose based perfume smells like old ladies or funeral homes.  Not this one.  It's subtle and sexy but also delicate and sophisticated.  It's the only scent I've ever bought more than once in my life.  I like the rollerballs since they're easy to take with you.  A four pack is about $42 at Sephora.


This stuff is the bomb.  Every single other moisturizer I've ever used has left my face too dry or WAY over greased.  This oil can be purchased as a spray which allows you to just lightly spritz your face for the perfect amount of moisture.  It's not heavy and its not at all greasy.  Plus it smells great and can be used on your body or hair for quick fixes!!  A 100mL bottle costs about $44  but it lasts ages!! I keep this little bottle in my purse for emergencies!


I have tried so many primers.  And I've had no luck with any of them.  Even the raved about Smashbox Photo Finish did NOTHING to help my skin.  This one is different.  It's a balm not a cream or gel so you can control how much or how little goes on.  Plus it has vitamin C which makes your skin feel smooth and velvety and keeps it healthy looking all day.  It's great for traveling (especially via plane since it's not a liquid!!)  and it smells amazing!  Plus the cute little tin can be reused over and over again! You can pick it up at Macy's or Sephora for $29. 


So there you have it. My five must have beauty products.  What are some of yours? 

No comments:

Post a Comment