Saturday, December 3, 2011

Hello? Is it tea you're looking for?

So a few weeks back I was gifted some tea in a swap with a lovely fellow blogger, Debbie. For a short time thereafter I found a few black hills of something on my floor.  I suspected, but I couldn't really PROVE that my kitties were stealing said tea and ripping open the bags all over the floor.  For what reason you ask? Well, because they're cats and they can. That's why.  So today I set up a trap for them.  I set an open box of tea filled with GLORIOUS tea bags on the table and then I left the room for awhile.  I came back to find this:


Yes. The mysterious black piles were back.  And yet...no tea bag and no kitties to be found.  There was small trail of leaves leading down the hallway so I followed it.  And at the end of it I found this:


Notice the nonchalant look on her face and the tea tag sticking out from under her fat?  Yeah.  She totally took my tea and destroyed it.  Was I surprised? Well, no not really.  Aoife is forever stealing things and stashing them in her little piles all over the house.  I've lost numerous lip glosses, chap sticks, rings, bracelets, plus paper, bubble wrap and anything else she can shove into her fat little mouth.  What did surprise me was what I found while I was cleaning up the tea trail....



She had an accomplice!! Eoghan, who usually stays OUT of my things had snagged ANOTHER bag while I was cleaning up the mess from the first one which Aoife stole.  I watched him deftly remove the packaging and then proceed to gnaw on the tea until I took it out of his mouth.  He certainly was more brazen about it than Aoife who tries to hide evidence by laying on it almost every time she's caught with something she isn't  meant to have.  I guess from now on I'll have to keep my eye on these two! And keep my tea up high!

1 comment:

  1. oh Bee this is HILARIOUS. I love it !!! especially that haughty look on Aoife's face. Fabulous post xxxx

    ReplyDelete