Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Wreck This Wednesday

Recently I came across a book called "Wreck This Journal".  It's not actually a book but, rather, as the name suggests it's a journal which instructs you in various ways how to wreck it.  I HATE destroying books.  Hate it.  I can't take dog eared pages or cracked spines or stains.  It bothers me just the thought of purposely destroying a wonderful book.  I love reading. And before you ask, no, I do not love e-Readers.  In fact I think they undermine the very glory that is reading and enjoying books.  Call me old fashioned. But I do love books.  Everything about them.  The smell. The feel. The sound of the pages as you turn them.  I have SO many books I couldn't begin to count them.  All in pristine condition (or close as since many were bought used).    Either way I thought it might be fun to accept the challenge of wrecking the journal.  So I ordered one and it came in the mail today.  This is what it looks like:



So every Wednesday I'm going to be doing one page from my journal until it is officially "wrecked".  I haven't decided yet if I'll do the pages in order or just randomly choose one each day.  But time will tell!! Today's page looks like this:



Since it's just the introduction page and not an actual page of the notebook I filled it out but no pics of the completed page. :P  You'll have to wait until next week to see what else is inside! 

As a side note: just after I took the pictures of my journal for this blog I returned to the place where I was taking pictures to find this:


I tried to move her from the spot and she responded with this look which is clearly saying "Don't even think about it."  *Sigh* silly Aoife always gets her way. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment