Sunday, April 15, 2012

Exfoli-Kate



The up and down midwest weather coupled with the fact that I'm just too tired to do ANYthing resembling work to take care of my skin has really left my face a mess.  It's dry and gross and not at all close to be the glowy soft skin I want.  So today I decided to try out this new exfoliating product called ExfoliKate.  ExfoliKate is different from other exfoliators I've used in that it both exfoliates your face manually (with little granules) AND chemically (with enzymes).  It takes a little longer to use but it's not extra work since most of the time it's just sitting on your skin.  When I first squeezed it out I was very skeptical. It's VERY green and doesn't at all LOOK like an exfoliant.  Most of the exfoliants I already have you can visibly see the granules, but not with this one.  That does change when it gets on your skin though.  You don't need much and while you can feel the granules working it doesn't feel harsh or scratchy either.  So you rub it in for 30 seconds or so and then let it sit for 2 minutes.  I have to say, the first five or six seconds after I stopped rubbing...I really wanted to scrub that stuff off. Like FAST.  It BURNS. Like a mother.  But after a few seconds the burning had stopped and it really didn't feel any different than anything else.  It's like when you use plumping lip gloss for the first time. Oh the agony of those first few minutes!! But then you don't notice it again.  I rinsed after a full two minutes and...well, as stated in the directions my face was a bit red.  In fact it acutally warns you could be red for up to 20 minutes.  I wasn't though.  Maybe for three or four.  The results actually were pretty awesome.  My face is softer than any other exfoliant has ever made it.  I did follow this pretty quickly with a moisturizer but my skin is SUPER smooth and glowy.  It's a win for me. Even if I have to endure a few seconds of burn!  The only thing that's not a win is the price.  $85 for two ounces. Ouch to the enth degree.  But for $19 you can get a half ounce and really, you don't need very much at all.  I'd say that's about 10 exfoliations or one month if used twice a week.  That's still a BIT pricey but a chemical exfoliating session at a salon would run you MUCH much more!  Plus for me, I have a great manual exfoliant (Clinique 7 Day Scrub! LOVE) so I'd probably add this into my routine once a week or once every other week just to revv up my skincare routine. There is also a Gentle Exfoli-Kate for those with sensitive skin. :) 

What's your favorite way to exfoliate?

No comments:

Post a Comment