Saturday, June 2, 2012

My week in photos!



 It's time for another week in photos!!! It's been a busy week and I've taken A LOT of photos! So I'm going to do this a little different this week and not break it down with one picture per day!! Enjoy!!










 So on Sunday we arrived at Myrtle Beach, SC.  It was actually the last day of Black Bike Week.  There were  bikers EVERYWHERE!  It was crazy talk.  I got some Starbucks for breakfast...







Then we got settled into our room. We've stayed here three times over the last five years. Somehow we always end up in the exact same room. Odd.











Then we hit the beach.  Since it was biker week it was the only quiet place on the strip anyway and it was meant to storm all week. Lame start to our vacation. :/






We spent the entire day Monday at the beach. It was supposed to rain all day Tuesday and Wednesday so we thought we better get our beach time in while the getting was good!







We had lunch at a walk up beach bar called Mako's.  I also got a delicious beverage (it had vodka in it. :P)





The  tropical storm stranded and killed a WHOLE ton of jellyfish (I have a whole post dedicated to this coming soon!) and we found them ALL over the beach.









The Dunkin Donuts was closer to our hotel than Starbucks so we tested them out for breakfast. Yuck.  The sandwich wasn't terrible, the tots were excellent and the coffee (the main reason I went there) was mostly milk and sugar. 





We spent the day at a shopping plaza even though as it turns out, it didn't rain.  This was a fritter appetizer we ordered.  All I could think when it came was Gordon Ramsay would have no kind words for the presentation!




 

We also went to North Myrtle Beach's shopping plaza's. They kind of sucked. But this was fun!






 Also found some sweet mustache shades!













My husband had this ridiculous amount of fried fish mess for dinner!




For lunch we went to The Tilted Kilt.  These ducks are called Mary and Joseph and they have no shame when it comes to begging for food. Mary actually almost stole a french fry out of my hand while it was on the way to my mouth.  Did I mention I don't like ducks?








It finally stormed Wednesday night. But it was done by morning. :)











So we had another beach day.  I have no idea what these tiny mollusk things are but they're fascinating and easy to catch so we always get a cupful to play with!







 Also had a nice 6.8 MILE impromptu walk.  Not. But we did spot the Mystery Machine!






 ...and a ninja fry!














The beach is so pretty at sunrise! We missed all the bad weather and I got a nice tan. :)







But it had to end eventually.






After a 12 hour drive, I was too happy to see this sign!! It's nice to be on the beach but it's so much nicer to be back in my own bed!!










...and my none too happy kitties!!











I hope you all had a great week too!!

3 comments:

  1. i would like the fried fish mess!! Was Aoife really as sulky as she looks lol xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was so sad Debbie. :( She ignored me for hours after I got home. But she came around!!

      Delete
  2. Glad you guys had a great trip! You were missed at the family get together for sure!!!!

    ReplyDelete