Wednesday, December 5, 2012

15 Minute Tomato Basil Soup


Today I got home from a five day trip to Boston. The weather there was quite cold and rainy (pretty typical of New England) and it had me craving some soup. Since I'd been gone for nearly a week I didn't have much in the pantry but I managed to come up with a quick, easy tomato basil soup recipe that hit the spot and took me less than 15 minutes from start to finish. Here's what you'll need:

1 can Campbells Tomato Soup (or a similar sized can)
 
1/4 tsp. of the following spices: 
garlic powder, onion powder, celery root powder, basil and black pepper
 
1-2 splashes tobasco sauce
 
1/8 tsp. chili powder
 
1/2 cube Garden Vegetable Boullion (or enough to make 1 cup broth)
 
Salt to taste
 
Prepare the soup as indicated on the label (I use milk in mine instead of water but if you're vegan you might want to skip the milk or use soy). Then add the additional ingredients. Stir, heat until hot and add salt to taste.
That's it! Eat and enjoy! If I had more time (and more ingredients!) I probably would have added some onions, celery and diced tomatoes. But it's great this way as well and since I had all the stuff already and most of the ingredients are basic pantry staples it really only cost me about 70 cents for the entire meal. Not to shabby!

No comments:

Post a Comment