Friday, December 7, 2012

Mask Day: Rainwater Botanicals Pumpkin Masque


It's mask day!! When I'm sticking to my skin routine, which let's face it, is not very often, I try to exfoliate twice a week and do a mask once a week.  My go to is Pangea Organics Japanese Matcha Tea Mask but I ran out about a week ago and I have a few samples to go through so I figured, why not?  This one is by Rainwater Botanicals and it came in my Eco Emi box this month.  My first thoughts when I opened it were that it smells delicious. Like pumpkin pie!  I really wanted to eat it but I restrained myself and put it on my face.  I do NOT exfoliate before I mask.  I just used a gentle cleanser (this time it was a natural Tea Tree wash I have) and then patted dry.  This mask feels a little thin and I had to sort of build it up a bit.  The sample was enough for one mask.  Once I had it on it started to tingle.  A lot.  Like I almost wanted to take it off for a minute.  It says to leave it on for five minutes, and warns that light tingling may occur but it got pretty bad so I removed it after three minutes.  It has some little rough bits in it that I think are meant to exfoliate the skin as you rinse it off but they didn't seem to do much.  I don't have sensitive skin and have used pumpkin on my face previously so I'm not sure what caused the reaction but my face was red for sometime after and didn't really feel any better than it had previously.  I can't say I reccomend this mask or not since I don't think it was really in agreement with my skin!! But at least it smelled nice while it was on!

Rainwater Botanicals Pumpkin Facial Masque is available for purchase in their Etsy store. It is a vegan product and the ingredients are: Pumpkin, Bilberry Fruit extract, Sugar Cane Extract, Sugar Maple Extract, Orange Fruit Extract, Lemon Extract, Water, Vegetable Glycerin, Glycolic Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Vitamin E, Phenoxyethanol, Meadowfoam Oil, Xanthan Gum , Vitamin C, Cinnamon Bark, Ginger Root Powder, Allspice Powder, Nutmeg Powder, Rosemary Oleoresin, Neem Oil
 

No comments:

Post a Comment