Saturday, December 1, 2012

Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes



Well ladies and gentlemen...after much thought I've decided to merge two of my blogs.  Some of you probably know that I currently have THREE blogs going.  One is just generally about my vegetarian/vegan lifestyle, one is for my nail art and nail related things and then this one is sort of a catch-all for things that are leftover.  Most of the beauty reviews I do on this blog are vegan products and a lot of the crafts I do or DIY projects I have planned are part of my Eco-friendly lifestyle.  In an effort to simplify my life (what a concept) I've made the decision to close down the food blog and just move it over here.  I'm sad to see it go...mostly because I love my super cute logo!! So I'm going to leave it up for awhile while I decide how to fully merge the two.  But for now I'm going to be slowly moving recipes from there to here.  Because of that, there will be a lot of posts going up in the near future!! But hopefully when it's all done I'll feel more organized and things will seem a little easier!  Here's recipe number one:

Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes

"I'm not a vegan (yet) but I do try to keep my diet as free of animal products as is possible. I'm always wary of vegan recipes since they so often go wrong but yesterday I had a serious craving for cupcakes and I decided to experiment with a vegan recipe.

The recipe for cupcakes I used can be found here: 

If you don't have access to soy yogurt I found that silken tofu works well. Pulse it through a blender first to get a smooth texture. The cupcakes were delicious!! I topped them with a coffee glaze made from 1/4 cup brewed coffee, 1 1/2 cups sugar, 1tsp vanilla and about 4TB Earth Balance vegan butter. Then I drizzled it over the tops and sprinkled cinnamon on top! Delicious!"

No comments:

Post a Comment