Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Glossy Box: January 2013



Well I'm obviously a little behind on this!! This is from January! But in my defense I didn't receive this Glossybox until mid-February so I'm a LITTLE less behind. :P  When it came, Aoife of course had to investigate it. She was very excited to get into this one for some reason!



The packaging on these is very nice! The box is still cardboard, like my Birchboxes but it's a heavy cardboard and it's covered in plastic-y material.  This is great for wow factor but essentially it's useless. I can't really ship in the box because it's unnecessarily heavy although I could use them for gifts to others later I suppose.  I did feel it added value to the box but I also don't like throwing my money away on packaging so it's a negligible point. Also like my Birchbox it had a little card inside outlining what was in the box and everything was neatly wrapped up with tissue paper.



And now for the inside!  The important stuff, right?  I was actually pretty impressed with this box.  When I joined Birchbox I got an "introductory box" which was basically a box crammed full of awesome to make you excited about joining. There is no introductory Glossybox. Just whatever is up for the month.  This box was the Man Repeller Box so named for it's collaboration with, you guessed it, The Man Repeller!  It had THREE full sized items in it and most of the box was pretty stellar. So here's the breakdown!

1. Le Metier De Beaute Replenishing Daily Solution – 3 mL Value $19.23
Still haven't tried this one but I keep meaning to.  Supposedly it nourishes, moisturizes AND detoxifies and for the price...it had better!!

2. Fresh Umbrian Clay Mattifying Serum – 5 mL – Value $5.95
Another one I haven't tried yet.  What does it do? Well it's supposed to tone and hydrate while minimizing the appearance of pores and controlling shine. It is also proven to provide 24-hour antioxidant protection. I'm actually excited to try this out because my face gets pretty shiny during the day. 

3. Estee Lauder Sumptuous Lash Multiplying Volume Mascara – .1 oz Value $9.25
This one is another I haven't tried. Bad me. I hate to open mascara's when I have others in use though. It just gives them the chance to go bad. My go-to mascara of the moment is Buxom brand. I've tried literally HUNDREDS of them.  So here's hoping it's awesome enough to beat that one.

4. Sebastian Professional Potion No. 9 – 1.7 oz Value $6.33
I actually tried this almost immediately. It smells super yummy and clean and it did a decent job controlling my frizz. I think it's meant for shorter hair though and I don't see myself buying it after my sample is gone.

5. OPI Liquid Sand Nail Lacquer in Can’t Let Go – FULL SIZE! Value $9
I actually already had this one!! I didn't love it but it was my favorite of the Mariah Carey Liquid Sand colors. It was nice to get a polish too, because I'm a polish lover!!


6. Tarte Glamazon Pure Performance 12 Hour Lipstick – FULL SIZE! Value $26

This was our favorite part of the box! I am OBSESSED with red lipstick lately. I have tons of them but none in this particular shade. I love that it's bright but still totally wearable.  I also loved how smoothly it went on. Even though it felt silky on my lips it still lasts for hours so it's definitely a win!


 Looks pretty good, no?

Finally...

 Our least favorite part of the box. 
7. Narciso Rodriguez for her Eau de Toilette Spray – 1 mL Value $1.44
Have I mentioned lately how I hate perfume samples?! Grrr...I have SO SO SO many. But...I'll let them slide on this one because the rest of the box made up for it.  I won't wear this scent though. It's not really very me and it smells kind of old. :/

Well there you have it. Were you impressed with the Glossybox or did you prefer the Birchbox?

No comments:

Post a Comment