Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Sugar 'n Spice VoxBox



By now I'm sure you're all familiar with Influenster.  If not, it's a website which basically rewards you for reviewing products by...sending you free stuff!!  Something I LOVE about Influenster is that the boxes are really amazing and they're totally free.  Yes, free.  You don't have to give out tons of your personal information or take a million surveys or anything special really for them. All you have to do is review products you already love and you get a chance to review new products which you may or may not love! So this month I received a Sugar 'n Spice VoxBox.  The kitties of course came around to investigate! 



Here's what it looked like when I opened it.  I'm so excited for this one because it isn't all beauty products so I can try out lots of new things!  You can also see here that Influenster doesn't mess around. These are full sized items not little sample packets. There are a few things in here which I've been really wanting to try for awhile but haven't gotten around to! Win!  So let's break it down by item!!




This is Vaseline Spray and Go lotion and Dickinson's Witch Hazel towelettes.  The Vaseline I was SO SO excited for. I keep seeing commercials for it and I'm super curious! If you're on Vine, you can catch a little video of me testing it out soon! It smells really good but it's not an overpowering scent.  It's fresh and clean.  I was concerned about the grease factor but it's not lying, it doesn't have a greasy finish.  It's actually REALLY easy to use. You just spray it on like suncream and then rub it in. It absorbs really quickly. I was also worried that a spray wouldn't moisturize very effectively but it feels like lotion. It's light but you feel moisturized but not greasy.  It's not a fine mist like I expected but more like a suncream spray.  It does need to be rubbed in you can't just spray and go.  I'm not entirely sure what the purpose of it is.  I feel like lotion is just as convenient but maybe for places that are hard to reach?

The Dickinson's towelettes are a hit/miss for me.  I LOVE that they are individually packaged so you can use them without worrying that the rest of the pack will dry out. You can also throw them in your bag on the go.  BUT they smell just awful.  Like vinegar or something. I'm sure they probably smell like witch hazel but I haven't used any in ages so it's hard to say!  They did a great job cleaning my face without over-drying but you can't use them to remove eye makeup and the smell is enough to turn me off to them. :(


Colgate Optic White products!  I actually needed a new toothbrush so this is perfect timing.  I prefer natural toothpastes but I'm curious to see how this one works! Haven't tested them out yet but hubby says the toothpaste is tasty!  I'll definitely update when I've had a chance to fully try these!



I did a seriously in-depth review of the Nectresse packets on this blog already so I won't go into that one! But I got a 40 pack of them and they will be getting put to use!  The last item was this Belvita pack of four breakfast cookies.  These are REALLY tasty and I was worried they wouldn't be. They smell and taste just like a honey Teddy Graham.  I ate them for breakfast this morning and they actually were pretty filling.  They kept me full until around lunch time.  I don't know how I feel about the cost of them but if you're already buying breakfast this will probably be no worse and potentially better on your budget. $3.69 will net you a five day supply!:)

Did you get a Sugar 'n Spice box? What was your favorite part?

I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment