Saturday, March 16, 2013

Week in review...



Well that face pretty much sums up my week.  It's been long and not so awesome.  The one day I was looking forward to was Thursday because it was meant to be my day off.  So much for that. After three phone interviews, an impromptu face to face interview and an hour an a half of phone training my day was pretty much shot.   In some happy news though...


I'm now a rep for Deborah Lippmann! I'm super excited about this because I love the brand but I also got this super kit of stuff to try out and see how I like it.  So far I've tried the cuticle remover, oil and hand cream. You can read about my thoughts on them on my other blog BUT if you've followed me on here you'll already know that I always carry these Stripper on the Go mits with me. They literally remove ten fingers of GLITTER polish in one go. Fab.


I also spotted THIS epicness in a store recently. Did anyone else fall totally in love with Rock Hudson as a child? Just look at his ken doll. Isn't it the dreamiest thing? I really, really need this.  Pillow Talk was also my favorite Doris Day/Rock Hudson film.  BUT...at $80 for the set I think I'm just going to keep this picture as a reminder!! :)


This is how Eoghan sleeps in my bed. Sprawled out in the middle...


...and this is how Aoife sleeps. On the pillow. *sigh* I made a 'bed' for Aoife out of an old blanket and she's been reluctantly sleeping on it.  This week I'm buying her a real kitty bed with the hopes that she'll start sleeping on it and retire from our bed. Too much kitty fur. If it works out...Eoghan is next!


I'm still on a smoothie kick. I'm working on trying new things and one of those things is bananas. I really, really dislike bananas. BUT they're good for you and they're pretty cheap and they're easy to use in smoothies because they thicken it up. I managed to eat a whole bunch of them this week. Yay for being a grown up!! This is a banana peanut butter smoothie.  It wasn't my favorite because the banana was really evident BUT it was totally easy. One banana, some ice, a splash of almond milk and two tablespoons of PB2. 


The end of my stressful week was definitely better than the beginning! I thought I was going to have to work the dreaded 4AM Sunday shift this week BUT on the suggestion of a co-worker I texted a friend and he's covering it for me. Win. :) Then near the end of my shift I got a delivery of flowers from my husband. DOUBLE WIN. :) I hope you all had a great week! Do you have big plans for St. Patricks Day?

1 comment:

  1. I love Aoife's fat face. How can you throw her off your pillow!!!!!

    ReplyDelete