Sunday, July 7, 2013

Doritos Chicken



So the other night I was hungry but lacking on ideas and since I'm going to be on vacation in a week I haven't really bought much in the way of groceries lately.  We literally NEVER have crisps in the house and I can't remember the last time I even ate a Dorito but since we attended a Fourth of July party at my sisters recently (pics soon!), we have a bit of junk food on hand. Since I had some veggie chicken cutlets and about a quarter bag of cheese Dorito's* I thought I'd do some simple breading. Recipe below!!


***DISCLAIMER: Nacho Cheese flavoured Doritos are made with Romano cheese which is not strictly vegetarian. If you are a STRICT vegetarian who avoids rennet you will want to choose a different flavour. I used them because I had them but would generally avoid them.***

You'll need:
One box your choice of vegetarian chicken (I like Quorn Naked Cutlets)
1 egg (you could use a vegan sub like soy milk but my Doritos weren't vegan so I didn't bother)
1/4c flour
1t salt
1/4c crushed Doritos

What to do:

Preheat your oven according to box instructions. I used Quorn Naked cutlets so I preheated to 350.  Mix the salt and flour and then dredge the cutlets through it. Then through the egg and last roll in the crushed Dorito mix. Bake them on a lightly greased baking sheet for about 15 minutes, turning them once. Eat and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment