Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The cowardly lion...

 This is John. John is the new lion at the Cincinnati Zoo. He's 2 1/2 and he just got a brand spankin new exhibit in the Africa section which was newly opened this June. He was scared to come out though, understandably. So the first time I went to see him...well...I didn't. Ever the proactive bunch, the zookeepers had put up brown paper around his exhibit for everyone to write words of encouragement:


So everyone did. And pretty soon....John found his courage...


He's cute, no? But here's the thing: since John's been hanging out in his yard with all his new found pride...I haven't been able to go to the zoo. :( So I've yet to see him in all his glory. I made plans to go next Saturday and then this morning....THIS happened:


*sigh* I'm coming John. I promise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment