Sunday, August 25, 2013

June Jacobs Papaya Purifying Enzyme Mask



If you know me at all then you know I'm obsessed with face masks.  I'm not sure what it is about them that entices me.  But it's probably the fact that most are a quick fix for your skin.  The issue with me and masks is that I have somewhat sensitive skin and a lot of them either A) don't work, or B) make my skin worse.  I got this particular mask recently and I am LOVING it.  I put it second in line to my most favorite mask of all time, Organics Japanese Matcha Tea and Mask. This one is by June Jacobs Spa Collection and it's called the Papaya Purifying Enzyme Mask.  It's supposed to get rid of dead skin cells and combat free radicals and aging while making the skin soft.  What it does for anti-aging or free radicals I can't vouch for.  But what it does do is make your skin feel AH-MAY-ZING.  And it takes literally NO time at all.  Another plus?  You really don't need much to make a huge difference.  The mask works sort of like a lotion for your face. You put a tiny amount on your fingers and massage it INTO your skin.  This is different from most masks which are layered on top of the skin.  The second thing I noticed about it was that it smells awesome.  I'm sure its supposed to smell like papaya and perhaps it does (I have NO idea what a papaya smells like) but it seems to have hints of almond and vanilla and it feels tropical and light.  You leave the mask on for three  to ten minutes.  At first it feels moisturizing and light but after about five minutes I started to feel a little suffocated...like it might feel to spread chap stick all over your skin.  So I left it for about that long and then lightly buffed it off with warm water and a washcloth.  And....voila! Amazing skin.  My skin felt soft, moisturized and clean.  The directions say to use it twice a week but I use it about once a week and I think it makes a HUGE difference in my skin. Especially now that the weather is changing and my skin is getting dry.  I definitely recommended trying it out if you have dry skin, need a quick mask (anyone can squeeze in three minutes right?), or have sensitive skin and need something gentle on the skin.

You can purchase this directly from the June Jacobs website here.  3.8oz retails for $62.  I use mine once a week and I estimate that .5oz lasts about two months. So I'm thinking you could get almost a year out of one jar.  Not too bad for the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment